Total Pageviews

Monday, February 22, 2016

First Steps

    Sometimes we as humans have very good ideas, sometimes even great ideas. The problem that most of us suffer from is that we are inhibited to take action. Since last may I acquired my license to foster children. I have had 6 children in my home so far, four of which are still here. I am adopting one child and taking guardianship of another.

    All the children so far have ranged from eight to seventeen. Interacting with this age range has allowed us to have actual conversations which we really enjoy. Having children who can express their feelings on a higher level has also brought more complex conflict.

    The things I have learned thus far has been tremendous. To go from having zero children to where we are now has made my previous life seem boring and dull.

    To bring this full circle I have been pushed very far in my comfort zone. I know their are some people who believe that I am not afraid of trying new things, but sometimes I lack the self-motivation to pursue them. Now that I have more accountability partners watching my every move it makes it more imperative for me to follow through on things.

    One child in particular has taken a great interest in gardening. I like to garden, but this is one area where I struggle. This year, with his help, I am sure that we will be able to grow and learn from each other to produce a picture perfect garden.

    I hope other dads and moms can look at this as a motivator to interact with their children on a different level.

No comments:

Post a Comment